Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sometimes I Think, Sometimes I Am


Magma is amazing... it's a shop in London that sells great design books and posters. I particularly like the book Sometimes I Think, Sometimes I Am which showcases the work of illustrator Sara Fanelli.

‘Fanelli’s originality has brought a breath of fresh air to the world of picture books... with an off-beat humour and an inventive approach to everything from page design and typography to choice of materials’ – Guardian

Award-winning artist and illustrator Sara Fanelli is one of the world’s foremost illustrators, renowned for her experimental techniques that have spawned many imitators. Fanelli’s inspiration lies not only in the visual arts but also in literature and the theatre. Sometimes I Think, Sometimes I Am is a remarkable creation by the artist, in which Fanelli takes the quotations and aphorisms that inspire her work, from Dante and Goethe to Calvino and Beckett, and places them in the context of a completely original artistic creation – sketchbooks, collages, paintings and drawings – at the heart of which lies a beautiful miniature book-within-a-book.

No comments: